Back to Blog
Back to Career
Senior Java Backend Developer (exp: 4-7 years)
Date : 03-02-2021
We are looking for a Senior Java Backend Developer having 4 – 7 Years of experience in software development for our Islamabad and Lahore offices.
- Core Java 1.8 and above – a minimum of 3 years of development and solution design experience
- Persistence layer related skills including solid SQL skills, and experience with Redis and MySQL or similar technologies
- A deep understanding of the MVC pattern and development of RESTful APIs when employed in mobile architectures
- Strong skills in automated testing at a unit, component, and integration levels using TDD, BDD, and DDD where appropriate (Tooling including jUnit, Cucumber, or similar)
- Server-side Node.js framework experience desirable
- Experience with the Firebase framework
- Swagger experience for API documentation
- Comfortable working with Agile Scrum or Kanban methodologies and best practices
- Familiarity with Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Familiarity with Event-Driven and Event Sourcing designs
- Familiarity with Microservice architectures
- An interest in serverless functions and containers
- Experience with ELK (Elastic, Logstash, and Kibana)
- Experience with monitoring solutions like Prometheus and Grafana
- Docker and Kubernetes
- CI/CD experience with Jenkins pipelines and YAML (configuration as code)
- Familiarity with planning and task tracking tools (especially Jira, and Confluence)
- Write clean, well-structured, maintainable code with appropriate tests and documentation ensuring that business requirements and NFRs are met.
- Liaise with business users, designers, and other team members to analyze and review application functional designs.
- Adhere to coding standards, participate in code reviews, and follow best practices where appropriate.
- Interact with other team members to collaboratively brainstorm during design team whiteboard sessions.
- Support and improve internal best practices.
- Show initiative and proactively contribute to the introduction of modern methodologies, appropriate tools, and processes to support development and testing activities within the development team.
- Refactor existing code where optimization is deemed necessary.
- Ensure all assigned activities are completed in a timely manner.
- Communicate progress whilst attending stand-up meetings and perform regular updates to assigned issues and stories in Jira to support management teams’ tracking of progress.
- Perform RCA, performance tuning, and troubleshooting of complex application interactions in all application environments when required.
- Respond promptly to 2nd and 3rd level support requests when required.
- Occasionally perform operational and administrative tasks that may arise related to the creation, maintenance enhancement, and deployment of code artifacts to the company’s systems.
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results-driven personality
- Become an SME for the platform backend within the organization
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a group